Using the EasyCook multi-cooker.
- 2½ cups Basmati rice, washed and drained
- Cook the rice partially, not all the way through (Like pasta: in boiling water with some oil and salt, wash, drain and add oil and salt)
- Set aside.
- For the potato layer:
- 2-4 Potatoes, sliced not too thin
- Add turmeric, oil and a bit of salt
- Fry in the EasyCook on 160*c until lightly golden. Set aside.
- For the vegetable layer:
- 1 cup Green lentils, soaked in water for a whole night
- 1 cup Cooked chickpeas
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 1 Carrot, diced
- About ¾ cup boiling water, or as needed
- Salt, pepper, cumin, oil, a bit of onion soup powder from natural ingredients
- Fry the onions in the EasyCook on 160*c until golden, add carrots and keep frying, add boiling water, lentils and spices and cook until everything softens up. Add chickpeas and cook for a few more minutes. Simmer. Set aside.
For the mushroom layer:
- 6-8 Fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Large onion, julienned
- Salt, pepper, oil, a bit of mushroom soup powder from natural ingredients
- Fry the onions in the EasyCook until golden, add mushrooms, spices and a bit of boiling water, about 2 tbsp until ready. Set aside.
Assembling the dish:
- Place parchment paper on the bottom of the EasyCook like I did.
- Grease it with a bit of oil.
- Place the fried potato slices along the bottom and the sides of the pot.
- Add ⅓ of the partially cooked rice. Press it down. Add the vegetables and lentils and flatten like in the photo.
- Add another ⅓ of the rice.
- Add the mushrooms and onions and flatten like in the photo. Add the last ⅓ of the rice and flatten.
- Pour ¼ cup of water over the rice. Cook for 20min on 130*c. Lower the heat to 100*c for 45min.
- You can slightly sear the bottom - set the heat on 150*c in the last 10 minutes.
- Carefully flip the pot over onto a serving plate and enjoy a rich, delicious meal.
By the way, the *Easy Cook has a heat preservation function that starts automatically after the cooking process is over. To finish and turn off the function, press and hold the "Warm/Cancel" button. The cooker will display all the programs, and the heating process will be over.