Prepared in the EasyCook multi-cooker
- 1 cup Basmati rice, washed and drained
- ¼ cup Fine green lentils, soaked in boiling water for an hour (I changed the water twice to speed up the soaking process)
- Mix and season with ½ tsp turmeric, 1 flat tsp of salt, ¼ tsp pepper, 2 tbsp oil, 1 tsp date honey, ¼ tsp soup powder and about 2½ cups of boiling water.
- Stir and cook until ready, 100*c on the EasyCook for 18 min until perfectly steamed.
- Tip: Add fried onions to upgrade the dish.
By the way, the EasyCook has a heat preservation function that starts automatically after the cooking process is over. To finish and turn off the function, press and hold the "Warm/Cancel" button. The cooker will display all the programs, and the heating process will be over.