Using the EasyCook multi-cooker
Lamb Pilaf with Hints of Green Lentils
- 2 Onions, finely diced
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 Carrots, chopped\julienned
- 10-12 pieces Lamb calves (as cut by the butcher)
- Spices: Salt, Ground pepper, 1 tsp Oil.
For the rice mixture:
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 3 Whole garlic cloves, with the peel
- ½ cup Green lentils, soaked in boiling water for 2 hours and drained
- 1 flat tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp Soup powder (optional)
- 1 tsp Ground pepper
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Dried parsley
- A few Saffron strands with boiling water
- Preparation using the EasyCook multi-cooker:
- Fry the onions with 4 tbsp of oil, on a manual setting (PRO), 160*c until golden.
- Add 2 chopped\julienned carrots and cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside in a bowl.
- Place the lamb chunks in the EasyCook pot. Add salt, pepper, a tsp on oil, stir and cook on the PRO setting on 160*c for 12min with the lid closed, stirring occasionally.
- Making the rice mixture to add:
- Mix the rice, the fried onions and carrots, garlic, lentils and spices and stir well.
- Pour the mixture on the lamb in the pot, add 4.5 cups of boiling water (optional: a few strands of saffron).
- Cook on the PRO setting on 100*c until completely steamed, about an hour.
- Check with the spoon if ready. If not done, add some more water and proceed with the steaming.
Enjoy a delicious, easy feast for any holiday!
By the way, the *Easy Cook has a heat preservation function that starts automatically after the cooking process is over. To finish and turn off the function, press and hold the "Warm/Cancel" button. The cooker will display all the programs, and the heating process will be over.
For additional details and questions: *6182