For the dough:
- 2 cups Semolina, in a disposable paper cup.
- Spices: Turmeric, Salt, Pepper, 2 tbsp Oil, ¼ tsp Soup powder
- Lukewarm water as needed to create elastic, soft dough (I used ¾ cup)
- Knead well and set aside to rest covered for now.
Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to a single sheet, like in the photo, on a clean, lightly greased surface (I used the counter, like with any other dough). Cut out circles.
For the filling:
- ½ kg Ground beef
- A handful of herbs (parsley, cilantro and 2 mint leaves), chopped
- 3 tbsp Fried onion flakes
- Salt, Pepper, 1 tbsp Oil, Turmeric, Paprika
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Create small balls equal to the amount of dough circles you have.
- Place the beef balls in the center of the dough circles.
- Shape the dough like kibbeh\hamantaschen.
Preparing the soup:
Into the EasyCook pot I poured boiling water, peas, cooked chickpeas, sliced carrots, parsley and celery root cubes, salt, pepper, dry parsley, soup powder, 1 tsp oil and turmeric.
- Put all soup ingredients in the pot.
- Place the steaming tray on top of the soup.
- Place the first batch of kibbeh on the steaming tray, set the heat to 100*c for 40min.
- Cook each batch for 20min or until done. Add 20min with each new batch.
- Tip: You can put the kibbeh in the soup, too.
By the way, the EasyCook multi-cooker has a heat preservation function that starts automatically after the cooking process is over. To finish, press and hold the "Cancel" button.