A rich, spicy vegetable dish, that every Moroccan knows and loves.
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 chunks Grey Mullet fillet or any other light fish (Seabass, Tilapia, Gilt-head etc.)
- 1 can Chickpeas OR 1 cup Cooked chickpeas
- 4 Colorful peppers, cut into strips
- 1 Green hot pepper, sliced
- 4 Tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 bundle Cilantro, chopped
- 8 Garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 full tbsp Sweet Paprika in oil
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
Leave the fish in salt and lemon juice for about 10 minutes. In the meantime, set your EasyCook pot on the PRO setting on 120*c and 50 minutes. Add the pepper strips, pepper slices and tomatoes along with 1-2 tbsp olive oil and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chickpeas, garlic and cilantro. Rinse the fish well and place the pieces on top of the vegetables. Season with salt. Mix the leftover oil with paprika and and turmeric and pour over the fish evenly. Add 1½ cups water, close the lid and cook for 10 minutes. Lower the temperature to 100*c and cook until the program ends.
By the way, the EasyCook has a heat preservation function that starts automatically after the cooking process is over. To finish and turn off the function, press and hold the "Warm/Cancel" button. The cooker will display all the programs, and the heating process will be over.