Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1½ kg Fresh beef shoulder roast, cut into cubes
- 2 cups Chickpeas, cooked
- 4 Medium potatoes, halved
- ½ Onion, halved
- ½ Red onion, halved
- 3 Dates
- 6 Fresh eggs
- Mix 9 cups Water with 1 tbsp Salt, 2 tbsp Sweet paprika and 1½ tbsp Ras el-hanout
For the groats:
- 1½ Groats, soaked overnight and drained
- A bowl with 1½ cups Water, 1 tbsp Sweet paprika, ½ tsp Salt and 1 tbsp Ras el-hanout
- A cooking bag to put everything in.
1. Sear the beef cubes on all sides in a pan with a bit of oil. Lightly chill on a plate.
2. In the EasyCook pot, add the chickpeas and flatten. Place on top of them the seared beef cubes. And the potatoes and eggs on top of the meat.
3. Carefully pour the seasoned water until covering the contents of the pot. Place on top of everything the cooking bag with the groats and poke a few holes in it to let the air out. Close the lid and set the cooker on its first stage:
Stage 1 - Press the PRO button and set the setting to 140*c for 2 hours. Press and hold the START button to begin the cooking process. When the 2 hours have passed, the 1st stage is over and you can carefully open the cooker. Check the liquids in the pot and add some if a lot evaporated (at least ⅓ of the height of the stew should remain). Close the lid and set it on its 2nd final stage:
Stage 2 - Set the cooker on the STEW setting by pressing the MENU button and selecting STEW mode. Set the time to 1 hour. Press and hold the START button to start the cooking. When an hour has passed, the 2nd stage of cooking is done and you can carefully open the lid.
By the way, the EasyCook has a heat preservation function that starts automatically after the cooking process is over. To finish and turn off the function, press and hold the "Warm/Cancel" button. The cooker will display all the programs, and the heating process will be over.