The vegetables and the chicken create a delicious and healthy sauce.
You can mix up the vegetables to your liking. You can substitute fennel with kale,
¼ green cabbage or kohlrabi slices.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 servings Lean chicken breasts, cut into thick strips
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Hawaij
- Salt, pepper
- 2 Fennels, without the stalks
- 4-5 Beet leaves, washed
- 1 cup Green peas (frozen)
- 2 Zucchinis, as thin as possible
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- ½ glass White wine, semi-dry
- Cilantro/ Parsley, chopped (for serving)
- Cut the fennel in half and slice it to even slices of ½ cm. Wash the beet leaves well and coarsely chop. Slice the zucchinis diagonally to ½ cm slices. Slice the chicken breast to 2 cm thick strips.
- Select the FRY setting and set it to 30 minutes.
- Add the oil to the EasyCook pot and fry the chicken strips for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and half the hawaij, and fry for an additional 2 minutes. Repeat on the other side and fry for 3-4 minutes until golden. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside. Add the olive oil, vegetables, garlic and wine. Place the chicken strips on top of everything, add the wine and ½ cup water. Place the steaming tray with the rice on top, close the lid and cook until the program is over. Sprinkle herbs on top and serve.
Basmati rice with Turmeric root:
The turmeric root is a new guest in the big refrigerators of the special vegetables in supermarkets. It looks like ginger root, but smaller, and when you grate it (with the peel, unlike the ginger root) it adds a delicate color and dreamy flavor to any dish, along with its superb healing properties and nutritional value. It colors the rice a gentle yellow shade, and I like to make things easy for myself and prepare the rice in a cooking bag inside the EasyCook pot along with the chicken above. And entire meal in one pot!
- 3 cups Basmati rice
- 1 tbsp Turmeric root, grated (OR ¼ tsp Dry turmeric)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 5 cups Boiling water
- 1 Cooking bag
Place all the ingredients in the cooking bag. Close it well and place it on the steaming tray of the EasyCook pot, on top of the chicken. Let the rice cook along with the chicken with the help of the steam.
By the way, the EasyCook has a heat preservation function that starts automatically after the cooking process is over. To finish and turn off the function, press and hold the "Warm/Cancel" button. The cooker will display all the programs, and the heating process will be over.