- 500g (3½ cups +1 tbsp) Flour
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 100g (½ cup) Sugar
- 25g Fresh yeast
- 280ml (1 cup + 2 tbsp) Water
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Add everything into a mixer bowl and mix for about 10 minutes for soft, smooth dough. Cover with a moist towel and let rise outside the fridge for about 30 minutes to double in size.
- Pinch a piece in the size of a ping pong ball from the dough and roll it into a ball while pulling the edges downward and closing them up at the bottom. That way, the surface of the dough will be nice and smooth (don’t worry - the lumps underneath the ball will disappear in the steaming process). Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Place the dough balls on lightly floured parchment paper with the pinched side facing down, spaced out 5 cm from one another. Let rise for 30 minutes until doubled in size. Boil water in the EasyCook pot.
- Cut out squares of parchment paper and line the bottom of the steaming tray. Place the buns on the paper, making sure they dont touch one another or the sides of the tray.
- Place the steamin tray in the pot and steam for 13-15 minutes on the STEAM setting.
You can fill the buns with anything you like!
I filled mine with sweet chicken strips and shawarma.
By the way, the EasyCook has a heat preservation function that starts automatically after the cooking process is over. To finish and turn off the function, press and hold the "Warm/Cancel" button. The cooker will display all the programs, and the heating process will be over.