Using the EasyCook multi-cooker
For the casing:
- 1 cup Coarse bulgur
- ¾ cup Fine bulgur
- 8-10 tbsp White flour
- Spices: 1 tsp Turmeric, Salt to taste, ½ tsp Ground pepper, 1 pinch Cinnamon, ½ tsp Soup powder with natural ingredients
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Fried onion flakes, Boiling water as needed, about ½ cup
- Soak both types of bulgur in boiling water until its absorbed, rinse and drain.
- Mix the bulgur with the spices, flour and boiling water until you get a solid, sticky dough. Add water or flour if needed. Taste and improve as needed.
- Divide into 2 balls - A large one for bottom and sides, a small one for the top (photos included)
- For the vegetable filling:
- ½ Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 Carrots, julienned
- 3 Medium onions, julienned
- 6-8 Fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Spices: Salt, Ground pepper, A pinch of Cinnamon, a bit of Oil
- Fry the onions in the EasyCook on 160*c until golden. Add cabbage and stir-fry. Add carrots and stir. Add mushrooms and stir. Add spices and stir until vegetables are soft and ready. Drain any liquids and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
For the beef layer:
- 300g Ground beef
- Spices: A bit of oil, Salt and pepper, Fried onion
- Stir-fry the beef in the EasyCook on 160*c until ready. Drain and set aside.
- Assembling the dish:
- Place a circle of parchment paper on the bottom of the pot and more paper on the sides.
- Flatten the larger bulgur ball on the bottom and sides of the pot (like in the photo).
- Add the vegetables onto the bulgur and flatten.
- Add the ground beef on top of the vegetables and flatten.
- Flatten the other bulgur ball on a piece of parchment paper to make it easier to flip on top of the beef layer, place it on top of the beef and seal the bulgur layers together..
- The dough is soft and easy to mold.
- Flatten and cover with parchment paper.
- Set the multi-cooker on 130*c for 1hr and bake. To brown, bake it for another 10min on 140*c.
- Flip over on a serving plate and remove the parchment paper.
- Slice with a sharp knife and serve.
By the way, the *Easy Cook has a heat preservation function that starts automatically after the cooking process is over. To finish and turn off the function, press and hold the "Warm/Cancel" button. The cooker will display all the programs, and the heating process will be over.