Bulgur pastry filled with chicken breast, ground meat, cranberries and more with EasyCook
For the casing:
- 1 ¾ cups Coarse bulgur, soaked in boiling water for about 10min
- 7-9 tbsp Flour
- Salt to taste, Pepper, Turmeric, Dry parsley, ½ tsp Soup powder, Cinnamon, 3 tbsp Oil
- Knead well until dough is flexible and sticky.
- Add water / flour as needed.
For the filling:
- 4-5 Pieces of chicken schnitzel, cut into small cubes
- 200g Ground beef, fried in advance
- 2 Onions, chopped
- Mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- Spices; Salt, Pepper, Turmeric, Oil
- A handful of green spinach leaves
Preparation using EasyCook’s multi-cooker:
Fry the onions with 4 tbsp of oil on the PRO setting, 160*c until golden, about 8min. Add coarsely chopped mushrooms and fry, add the chicken cubes and spices (salt, pepper, turmeric, oil) and fry. Add the fried ground beef.
Stir, transfer to a bowl, drain, add a handful of cranberries and stir again.
Wash the pot and set it aside.
Divide the bulgur dough into 2 balls, one larger than the other.
Using a rolling pin, roll the bigger pall on parchment paper, to serve as the bottom and edges of the pastry. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of the pot and transfer the rolled out dough into the pot with the paper. Pour the filling into the bulgur layer and flatten. Wash spinach and add the leaves on top of the filling.
Roll out the second ball of dough, and place it on top of the spinach leaves, sealing the layer with the edges of the first bulgur layer. It should be easy because the dough is flexible.
Set the EasyCook on the PRO setting on 140*c and bake for 23min. Turn the heat up to 150*c for another 10min.
Flip the bake over onto a serving plate, peel off the parchment paper and enjoy a cake-like delicious pastry. Slice it like a cake.
By the way, the EasyCook has a heat preservation function that starts automatically after the cooking process is over. To finish and turn off the function, press and hold the "Warm/Cancel" button. The cooker will display all the programs, and the heating process will be over.