Rice with green beet leaves and hints of lemon using EasyCook
- 2 cups Basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 pack Green beet leaves (mangold), rinsed well and chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 Onion, diced
- Spices: Salt, Pepper, Soup powder, Oil, Boiling water
- Fry the onion until it’s golden on the FRY setting of the EasyCook pot for about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and stir. Add the beet leaves and fry while stirring for about 7 minutes until soft.
- Add rice, spices, 4 cups of boiling water and squeeze a lemon in. Cook for about 13 minutes on 110*c, and in the last 7 minutes I raised the temperature to 130*c to brown the rice on the bottom.
By the way, the EasyCook has a heat preservation function that starts automatically after the cooking process is over. To finish and turn off the function, press and hold the "Warm/Cancel" button. The cooker will display all the programs, and the heating process will be over.